Say your wedding vows in a medieval church in the grounds of a Grade II* listed home situated in the stunning Norfolk countryside. Enjoy Champagne and canapes overlooking the lake with romantic formal gardens and celebrate with your friends and family in the rustic and open barn, restored using timber from the original 16th-century estate. At the award-winning Oxnead Hall, you’ll find the perfect mix of heritage, romance, space and seclusion to make your wedding day dreams come true.
The impressive Hall was once the service wing of the Great House and the gardens are largely as they were in 1600; think boxy hedges, mazes of shrubbery, gravel paths leading to statement water features and plush plants lining the edge of Oxnead Hall’s very own lake. This remarkable setting recently picked up ‘Wedding Venue of the Year’ at the Eastern Daily Press Wedding Awards 2017, providing further proof of just how special this stunning hall and barn really is.
Today, Oxnead is a family house and on your wedding day, you’ve free reign to glide seamlessly from celebration to celebration. Beside the formal gardens and in front of sprawling woodland is St Michael’s Church, perfect for a traditional ceremony. Alternatively, explore a little further and you’ll find The Orangery. You can just imagine the sweet-smelling fruit wafting through the door of this pretty building once upon a time, with its large windows, stone flooring and white busts perched atop pedestals. The light is just right in here and perfect for professional photographs, much like in The Great Barn, which is a short walk away. Ideal for a vibrant reception party, The Great Barn is grand and spacious, allowing you to put your stamp on it. Hire live entertainment, enjoy a sit-down dinner and toast the speeches here, with The Long Room next door available for a relaxing escape from the main event. Unique Norfolk Venues will provide an impressive wedding breakfast that’s tailored to suit you, as well as refreshing drinks packages and evening food to keep your guests thoroughly wined and dined.
When the night draws to a close, climb the stairs to your bridal suite, furnished with a grand four poster bed and plush carpet. Your guests can enjoy equally impressive accommodation in 12 bedrooms on-site, spread across the North Wing of the house and characterful cottages.
• Exquisite 16th-century home in Norfolk, with exclusive access to the expansive and romantic gardens and historic buildings on your wedding day
• Medieval church on-site is licensed for ceremonies and is ideal for traditional weddings, seating 90 guests
• The Orangery and The Long Room are also licensed and can seat up to 50 and 140 guests
• The Great Barn accommodates up to 220 guests with space for live entertainment.
• Unique Norfolk Venues offers a great range of delicious and seasonal food and drink, which can be tailored to your needs.
• Just eight miles from Norwich, which has direct links to London